The week ahead will be relatively quiet; after all, it’s August. But there are a few meetings and events planned in several municipalities. Read on for more info.
* Baie d’Urfé’s Junior Council invites you to its first Jump in Sports family event: Ultimate Frisbee. All ages and skill levels are welcome.
When: Saturday, August 13; 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Where: Fritz Community Centre, 20477 Lakeshore Rd., Baie d’Urfé
* The Beaconsfield Citizens Association will hold its monthly meeting. This group seeks to raise awareness among residents about issues and decisions that have an impact on their city and their quality of life. It monitors political and administrative decisions taken by the city’s elected officials and speaks on behalf of its members on crucial issues.
When: Wednesday, August 10; 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Where: 288 Beaconsfield Blvd., Beaconsfield.
* Dorval’s city council will hold a special council meeting to adopt a resolution to hire a director general and a human resources counsellor for the city. During this special meeting, the council’s deliberations and the question period will focus exclusively on these matters.
When: Wednesday, August 10 at 6 p.m.
Where: Former chapel of Les Quatre Vents, 12 Dahlia Ave., Dorval.
* Dorval residents are invited to participate in Community Huddles at their outdoor aquatic centres. This is an opportunity to provide feedback as well as suggestions for next summer. Drop by to learn more about the various programs and activities offered at your local pool during information sessions held according to the following schedule:
When and where: August 9 at the Ballantyne Aquatic Centre; August 10 at the Walters Aquatic Centre; August 11 at the Surrey Aquatic and Community Centre.
* Got documents that need shredding? Kirkland residents may, at no cost, safely dispose of confidential and personal documents they no longer need, during the Community Shredding event. Confidential documents (income tax returns, bills, bank records, etc.) will be destroyed on a mobile shredding truck by an employee of a specialized company.
When: Saturday, August 13; 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Where: Municipal Garage, 25 Claude-Jodoin St., Kirkland
Good to know: Proof of residency required. Maximum of three boxes per address.
* Pointe-Claire Days is a new celebratory summer event that will take place this week—August 10 to 14—and is open to residents of all ages throughout the city’s various parks and facilities. For details, click here.
* Repair work by the Ministère des Transports is scheduled to begin on the Chemin des Pins overpass over Highway 40 on August 8. The overpass will be closed to traffic for the duration of the work. Closings of Highway 40 are also expected in the evening, at night and on weekends. For more details, click here.