This is the season of craft fairs and bazaars across the West Island and Vaudreuil-Soulanges area. These community events inspire us to get into the holiday spirit.
November is the month of craft fairs and bazaars in the run-up to the holidays. Here is your guide to fairs taking place in the West Island and Vaudreuil-Soulanges during the pre-solstice season. Happy shopping!
> Holiday Market
When: Saturday, Nov. 26 — 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Where: 424 Beaconsfield Blvd., Beaconsfield.
Good to know: Local and artisanal products, and 40 merchants. Entertainment and prizes.
> Fine Arts & Craft Holiday Market
* The city of Dollard-des-Ormeaux will hold its annual Fine Arts & Craft Holiday Market after a pandemic hiatus. It features crafts, food, live musical entertainment and guest performers.
When: Saturday, November 12 and Sunday, November 13 — 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Where: Dollard-des-Ormeaux Community Centre, 12001 de Salaberry Blvd, DDO.
Good to know: The event is spread over three floors, and includes an outdoor rooftop terrace bar.
> Holiday Cheer Craft Fair
* This is an opportunity to see talented crafters and vendors, who will sell products and services that are for personal use or gifts for any occasion.
When: Sunday, November 20 — 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Where: Karnak Shriners, 3350 Sources Blvd., Dollard-des-Ormeaux.
> The 2022 Salon des Artisans
* This event features one-of-a-kind, handmade creations, crafted by members of the Dorval Artisans’ Guild.
When: Friday, November 18—noon to 9 p.m. and Saturday, November 19—10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Where: Sarto-Desnoyers Community Centre, 1335 Bord-du-Lac/Lakeshore Rd., Dorval.
Good to know: A vernissage is scheduled for Friday, November 18 at 7 p.m.
> Holiday Market 2022
* This event is in collaboration with Smith at M, which will host a toy drive. Wanted: gently used toys, car seats, strollers, diapers, and stuffed animals. Local vendors will be on hand. Food and beverages. Cozy fire pit. Local artists singing. Santa Claus. The Hudson Fire Department will host a children’s tour of a fire truck. Gift purchases can be wrapped at wrapping stations.
When: November 12 — 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Where: Alibi Barn, 422 Main Rd., Hudson.
> Christmas Craft Fair
* This event is a fundraiser for Le Nichoir Wild Bird Conservation Centre.
When: Saturday, November 26 and Sunday, November 27 — 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Where: Stephen F. Shaar Community Centre, 394 Main Rd., Hudson.
> Christmas Market
When: Saturday, Nov. 26 — 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Where: St. James Church, 642 Main Rd., Hudson.
Good to know: Features Christmas decorations, bake table, collectibles, wreaths, raffle.
> Magical Christmas Market
* La Collab presents a magical market of artisans and sellers. This is also a holiday toy drive. Take an unwrapped gift toy and place it under the Christmas tree.
When: Saturday, December 3 — 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday, December 4 — 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Where: Le Club Dome du West Island, 3000 Edmond St., Kirkland.
Good to know: $5 entry fee. All proceeds to be donated to the Lakeshore General Hospital Foundation.
> One-of-a-kind Artisan Fair
- * Sponsored by the West Island Italian Association, this fair features 23 one-of-a-kind artisans. No admission. Plenty of free parking.
- When: Saturday, November 12 — 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday November 13 — 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Where: Marcel Morin Community Centre, 14068 Gouin Blvd. W., Pierrefonds.
> The Pincourt Christmas Market
When: Saturday, November 26 — 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Sunday, November 27 — 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Where: Omni-Centre, 375 Cardinal-Léger Blvd., Pincourt.
Good to know: This event is organized by the Cercle des Fermières de Pincourt. For information: Josée Giroux at 514 922-1673.
> Pointe-Claire Artisan Show
* This annual event will feature more than 30 artisans selected by a jury. Their creations include jewelry, pottery, scarves, wooden objects, stained glass, soaps, Christmas ornaments, greeting cards, children’s clothing, decorative bowls and more. All items are handmade by the artisans.
When: Saturday, November 19 — 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, November 20 — noon to 5 p.m.
Where: Stewart Hall Cultural Centre, 176 bord du lac/Lakeshore Rd., Pointe-Claire.
> Christmas Bazaar
When: Saturday, Nov. 26 — 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Where: Church of Saint John the Baptist, 233 Ste. Claire Ave., Pointe-Claire.
Good to know: Features Christmas decorations, gift baskets, knitted and crocheted items, vintage dishes, etc.
> Holiday Shopping Extravaganza
* This is the eagerly awaiting holiday fair at John Abbott College. It will feature a magic performance by Blair Marshall, facepainting, a visit by cartoonist Aislin and a make-and-take craft centre. Part of the proceeds to be donated to Moisson Montréal. Visitors are asked to take non-perishable food items to donate to the organization.
When: Saturday, November 5 and Sunday, November 6 — 10 a.m. to 3 p .m.
Where: The Agora, John Abbott College, 21275 Lakeshore Rd., Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue.
> The Saint-Lazare Christmas Market
* Created in the image of a European Christmas market, it will feature more than 40 artisans, illuminated outdoor kiosks, holiday music and many more activities to bring the magic of Christmas and the holiday spirit to Saint-Lazare.
When: Saturday, December 3 and Sunday, December 4 — 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Where: Saint-Lazare Community Centre, 1301 rue du Bois.
Good to know: Photo with Santa Claus on Saturday (11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.). Children’s show (in French) on Sunday at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
> Westwood Jr. High School 20th Annual Craft Fair
When: Saturday, Nov. 26 — 9:30 to 4 p.m.
Where: 2800 du Bordelais, Saint-Lazare.
Good to know: Organized by the Home & School Association. Features 40 tables of crafters and artisans, raffle, used-book sale, café.
> La Maison Trestler Christmas Market
* This is the 11th edition of this charming event in a beautiful, historic setting.
When: Saturday, November 5 and Sunday, November 6 — 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Where: 85 chemin de la Commune, Vaudreuil-Dorion.
Good to know: Local artisanal products and foods from the terroir on offer.